Approaching a New Year we are once again reminded of the DAILY nature of turning over a new leaf, of repenting of the sins of our past, of changing something about ourselves to make life better. It is a good time to be reminded that better health is actually composed of a small set of simple premises. I will not kid you about the ease with which you can accomplish this lifestyle, but I think it is largely difficult because we are used to living so far off the mark. For review sake, here is my list of 10 simple premises for good health.
- Water: 1/3 of your body weight in fluid ounces.
- Exercise: A brisk walk for 20 minutes a day.
- Diet: 3x a day eat a good protein-containing food with the remainder of your plate filled with fruit or vegetables.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Essential fatty acids: 4 fish oil or flax oil capsules a day.
- Prayer/Meditation: 30-60 minutes a day, divided as it works for your schedule.
- Perform one kind act for another person each day, and reflect on how God's love is working in your life.
- At day's end list at least 3 things for which your are grateful.
- Sleep: At least 7 hours a night.
NatureWords for your health!