Chlorophyll is a terrific health-supporting substance. You can get it by eating a lot of pretty green vegetables, or you can take a chlorophyll supplement, available at health food stores (or by clicking on my virtual dispensary button in the right margin.) If you're getting good amounts of chlorophyll, here are some of the health benefits you can expect.
- Detoxification. Chlorophyll binds with toxins and helps them get eliminated from the body.
- Anemia. Chlorophyll has been shown to improve the body's production of hemoglobin.
- Digestive Aid. Chlorophyll helps digestive functions, likely through its magnesium.
- Fresh Breath. Chlorophyll will freshen your breath by improved digestive function.
- Energy. Chlorophyll provides building blocks for cellular energy production.
The highest levels of chlorophyll are in raw green vegetables, but if you can't tolerate raw then lightly steamed is okay. However, if you cook vegetables until they are mushy and drab olive green you've probably killed most of the chlorophyll.
Some of the info for this was lifted from a good health website about Alkalkine Diets. Their more detailed Chlorophyll article is at this link.